- What software will be required for this class?
Google Chrome(recommended) and Microsoft Edge Browsers work the best when using the online simulator
- Do I need a camera and a microphone?
- Do I need a calculator?
- Can I use my phone instead of a computer?
- Can two people share a computer to take the course?
- I have a Mac, will I still be able to access the course?
- Will there be a simulator assessment?
- Will there be a WellSharp® test and will the test be Proctored?
Yes, testing will be administered through WellSharp® and proctored online.
- Will I be able to retest?
Yes, as long as you score higher than 60%
- What resources am I allowed to use on the test?
Formula Sheet, Kill Sheet, Tech data book, Calculator, and the IADC Definitions and IADC Acronym documents.
- How will I receive my Certificate?
Your certificate will be emailed to you.
- How long is my certification good for?
- What is the minimum score to pass the test?
Who can take the course?
- Can anyone take distance learning classes?
- I’ve never taken Well Control before. Can I take this course?
- Will Distance learning be available after the Covid-19 pandemic is over?
Yes, IADC has made this a permanent delivery option for WellSharp® courses.
- What are the class times each day?
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Central Standard Time Zone
- Will there be simulator exercises?
- How will I get the student materials I need for the course?
A link to all necessary materials will be sent to each student
- What if I need additional assistance from the Instructor?
Class starts at 8:00 AM, Instructors will be available at 7:00 AM to assist students in need.
- Will I be able to ask questions in class?
- Is this class Instructor-led?
Yes, all WellSharp® Live courses will be Instructor-led.
- Is this still a 5-day class?
Drilling classes will be 3 full days of instruction with testing at 10:00 AM on the 4th day OGOR classes will still be 5 days